Plasma fibroblast therapy is an aesthetic procedure that is an alternative to laser, injections or surgical therapies to tighten and improve the appearance of skin. This therapy is a new treatment which helps to achieve rejuvenating effects.
Plasma fibroblast therapy targets fibroblasts. These are collagen & elastin producing cells in the dermis (the layer of skin below your outermost skin layer). Fibroblasts play an important role in helping skin wounds heal as well as maintaining skin firmness and tightness. Plasma fibroblast therapy uses a pen like device which discharges a high frequency electric current to small areas of the skin. The plasma tip doesn’t directly touch the skin, but instead releases a targeted current just above the skin.
For optimal results, 2-4 treatments may be required depending on the area being targeted. Treatments area recommended to be performed in 8 to 12 week intervals. Upon consultation our therapist will discuss the appropriate number of treatments and suitable frequency to deliver the best results.
Plasma fibroblast therapy is a non-surgical treatment that may be used to treat the following conditions:
- Acne scars
- Photoaging including age spots seborrheic keratosis
- Wrinkled skin, including the eyelids, neck, jawline and above the lips.
- Breaks down proteins in the skin
- Encourages tissue regeneration & stimulates fibroblast activity.
- Causes tissue contraction (tightening)
- Plasma fibroblast therapy can be used as an alternative to lip fillers to make the lips look fuller.
Does it hurt?
A numbing cream is applied to reduce any discomfort. Clients can resume normal activities almost immediately but will experience swelling that can last 3 to 4 days and redness will continue to subside over 4 to 8 weeks.
Who is it for?
For any person experiencing skin conditions such as, ageing, scarring, acne, stretch marks or skin laxity.
Do i need to prep my skin prior to my treatment?
Yes, we recommend you prep your skin prior to your treatment. Our therapists can recommend products to prep your skin at home.
When will i see results?
You can see minimum results after 4 to 8 weeks. Optimal results are visible in 6+ months. Additional treatments may be required to reach your desired outcome.
When are plasma fibroblast treatments not suitable?
- Within 2 to 4 weeks of sun exposure.
- Within 2 weeks of botox.
- Within 4 to 6 weeks of fillers.
- During pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Some medication (advise your therapist of any medication you may be taking)
- Fitzpatrick skin types 4 and above (ask your therapist about your Fitzpatrick skin type)